The Dawn Project has conclusively proven that Tesla’s self-driving software will:
- Run down a child crossing the road
- Blow past a stopped school bus
- Ignore ‘Do Not Enter’ and ‘Road Closed’ signs
- Hit a baby in a stroller
90% of people agree that a self-driving car that would run down a child crossing the road should be banned from public roads immediately.
So, Tesla’s self-driving software must be taken off the road immediately until all of these problems are fixed.
But the regulators refuse to ban the software, the politicians won’t act because the public hasn’t demanded it, and Tesla continues to ship the defective and dangerous product, even though Elon Musk knows about these flaws.
We have taken out five ads in The New York Times, had hundreds of articles published, and even aired a Super Bowl commercial, but still Tesla refuses to fix the defects or remove the software from the road.
Elon Musk and Tesla did not do as any other respectable company would when presented with concrete evidence of severe safety defects, which is to recall the product until the safety defects are fixed.
The following reasons have not been enough to convince Elon Musk to do the right thing:
- Empathy for victims
- Rebukes from regulators
- Negative publicity
It is now up to you to use your most powerful weapon, cut off Elon Musk’s source of money: Tesla new car sales*. Boycotts have been an effective measure against Elon Musk before on Twitter (X). Tesla car sales are the funds that keep his defective self-driving software on the road and support his other depraved schemes.
Our mission remains the same: get Tesla’s defective self-driving software off the road.
* We are only calling for a boycott on people buying new Teslas. Buying a used Tesla does not put money in Elon’s pocket. We are not asking you to sell your Tesla if you bought it before you knew how awful Elon is. But if you don’t want people to judge you for owning a Tesla, you can buy a bumper sticker here.
Tesla, regulators and politicians have failed to act, which is why we are urging you to stand up to this egregious public safety concern with two Super Bowl commercials:
- For ten years, Tesla has deceived investors and the public with false promises about the capabilities of its self-driving software
- Tesla deceives the public about the safety of their self-driving software with misleading statistics
- Tesla faked a demonstration of its self-driving software in 2016 and claimed it was real, misleading customers and investors
- Said in 2016 that Tesla vehicles could drive autonomously with greater safety than a person
- Claimed that by 2018 a Tesla owner could summon their car “anywhere connected by land”
- Musk claimed that Tesla would have a million robotaxis on the road in 2020
- He claimed that a Tesla Model 3 would appreciate in value to $200,000. However, Teslas are one of the fastest depreciating cars on the market
- Said that owning any car other than a Tesla was like owning a horse
- Claimed that Tesla owners would earn $30,000 from robotaxis
- Said that there had been “No accidents” using Full Self-Driving despite an active NHTSA standing general order
- Tesla refused to use Lidar because it was too expensive
- Failed to implement safety recommendations from Federal regulators
- Tesla exaggerated claims about the range of their vehicles
- Endangered customers with its shoddy manufacturing
- Harassed employees and whistleblowers
- Attempted to suppress documents showing defects in their vehicles
- Musk’s childishness has even seen him promote crypto scams
- Tweeted a sexist comment about T.I.T.S and said that “D’s get degrees”
- Made crude sexual innuendos insulting the SEC
- Suggested nuking mars
- Called panic around COVID-19 “dumb”
- Said COVID-19 cases would reach zero by April 2020
- Making antisemitic remarks on Twitter
- Compared Justin Trudeau to Hitler
- Called the US President a “Damp Sock Puppet”
- Compared Bill Gates to a pregnant man
- Called Mark Zuckberg a “Cuck” and challenged him to a cage fight
- Challenging Tech executives to a “literal dick measuring contest”
- Called a rescuer a “Pedo” for refusing his offer of help
This disregard for your safety is in line with how Tesla and Musk have treated the public, employees, world leaders, and even animals in Musk’s journey to become the richest man in the world. Musk has profited enormously from this reckless, deceptive and dangerous actions, which must be put to an end. Elon Musk must be held accountable for his actions, which have tragically led to deaths.
The Dawn Project is campaigning to ensure that safety-critical software, such as that which powers self-driving vehicles, is held to the very highest standards of safety, security and reliability.
We demand that Tesla protects the public, rather than endangering us all. That is why we are calling on the public to boycott Tesla to shut down their reckless self-driving experiment.